Head of Studio & Design
We have a fantastic new opportunity for an ambitious and highly effective Head of Studio to lead, manage and grow all aspects of our multidisciplinary studio within our multi-award-winning integrated marketing and communications agency.
Brands2Life is an independent, founder-led, majority employee-owned agency with a passion for working with the brands that are transforming our world. We have an incredible portfolio of clients that we work with around the globe and have an extraordinary team of whom we are extremely proud. We have had a record year with award wins and nominations including PRWeek’s and PRCA’s ‘Large Agency of the Year’, Social Team of the Year and Film Team of the Year.
As part of the agency Senior Leadership Team at Brands2Life, the Head of Studio is responsible for the overall visual output, ensuring best in class, commercially effective creative thinking, and craft of the very highest level. You will be the leader of our design team, helping them to do a huge breadth of creative and design jobs across multiple channels and brand types. You will inspire them to develop and take an active role in their career development, helping them to set clear objectives and offering your brilliant experience to help them achieve their goals.
As well as driving and motivating the team, you will happily roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty! You will lead by example, setting a high level of expectation and design standard in a fun and rewarding team environment.
You will make sure that creativity is at the heart of what we do, the work remains strategically on point and on brand for our clients and translates into incredible results. You will feel comfortable feeding back on ideas to your team and curating them to allow for the best final response to the brief. You will also work with us to shape the future of the design team by driving its growth and commercial effectiveness and making key hires as required.
We are looking for a Head of Studio with demonstrated experience in pitching and presenting to clients. You will be a natural at communicating ideas and persuading internal stakeholders and clients as to the value of your input and the reasoning behind outputs. You should be seen as a trusted, expert partner both internally and for clients in all aspects of visual communication. A proven track record of award-winning design and running a successful and engaged team is paramount.
- Lead a multi-disciplinary design team with talent, energy and empathy.
- Manage the balance between design, leadership and commerce whist working in a fast-paced environment.
- Own and develop studio processes to ensure every type of project is given the chance to be the best it can possibly be.
- Act as the most senior visual creative voice in the agency, inspiring the whole of Brands2Life to strive for the best possible visual output.
- Work with account, project and creative teams to provide art direction and visual guidance on ideas.
- Understand clients’ key business, brand and communications objectives and help deliver strategic solutions.
- Lead knowledge sharing of design trends across the agency.
- Work on projects and set the bar for the work of the design team.
Commercial and Management
- Support producers and project managers to scope and define project approaches, deliverables, timelines and team requirements.
- Work with the delivery team to manage resource allocation and long-term planning around workloads to ensure the design team is appropriately resourced, within budget.
- Ensure deadlines are met, confirm clients are satisfied with results and troubleshoot any issues that may arise.
- Own the casting of team members for projects and recommending the most appropriate creative collaborators and suppliers, including freelancers.
- Understanding a wide range of production processes and able to deliver workable solutions across a variety of media.
Essential experience / skills
- An outstanding track record in design and art direction.
- Leadership and management experience.
- Proven experience in a creative / design agency operating at a senior level.
- Ability to successfully manage stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Be highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and across a wide range of media.
- Excellent persuasion and presentation skills.
- The ability to deal with a high volume of projects with challenging deadlines.
- You should be driven by a desire to make work that wins awards and gets results for our clients.
- You’re comfortable working across many different sectors in B2B and B2C and on multiple concurrent clients and projects.
- You do not let process and convention get in the way of making things happen; you’re nimble, quick and you push for excellence.
- You can build strong and effective relationships internally and externally.
- You are bursting with passion and pride for delivering the best possible client solutions, whilst diplomatically balancing the practical constraints with which we are often challenged.
- You can train, motivate, appraise, and develop more junior members of the team.
- You have a point of view on the world and can contribute to the agency through thought leadership, opinion pieces, seminars etc.
If you would like to apply to this position, then please send your CV and portfolio directly to our Head of Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, if this role is not for you but you like the sound of working at Brands2Life then you are welcome to contact us at email@example.com.
*Brands2Life is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from all backgrounds. We believe a diverse and inclusive workforce enhances our ability to be creative, innovative and entrepreneurial. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status or citizenship status.